The Outreach committee continues to explore ways in which it can help those in need during these times. If you have suggestions for ways the committee can help in our community or if you would like to participate in its meetings, please contact the cathedral office.
Outreach meeting via Zoom, Tuesday, June 15th at 7:00 p.m.
Community Outreach Ministry Vision
To grow closer to the broader Richmond community through acts of service as a Cathedral family and, by this, unite ourselves to Christ.
To achieve this Vision, we will:
- Help build awareness of existing outreach activities at the Cathedral
- Be a resource to facilitate involvement and participation of Cathedral parishioners in outreach activities
- Serve as a sounding board for expanding the scope of volunteer outreach
- Sponsor community-wide activities (outside existing organizations) targeted for the local community
- Coordinate Cathedral response to national & international crisis/emergencies
Community Outreach Ministry Members:
Jim Katsaros, Chair / Parish Council Liaison
Tom Kazas, Co-Chair / Communications Director
Father Nicholas Bacalis, Sponsor / Inspiration
Key Ministry Champions:
Calypso Bletsos, College Student Ministry
John Bletsos, Companionship Ministry
Ruth Catherines, Philoptochos Liaison / Sts Cosmos & Damianos House
Mark Chronis, IOCC Liaison: Emergency Supply Drives & Tennis Tournament / Fisher Guest House Meals
Gina Guinn, FeedMore / Food Drives
Elaine Hall, Clothing Supply Drives
Nikki Katsaros, ICU Comfort Kits
Patsy Kowal, Habitat for Humanity Programs
Beth Ann Lucas, Elementary School Ministries / Micah Initiative
Greg Silvestri, Reinhart House Guest Meals / FeedMore & Food Drives
Martha Sotos, Medical Services Ministry
Dean Tiggas, Youth Liaison
If you would like more information contact the cathedral office.